Wednesday, April 30, 2014

'I'm wearing Google Glass. And I hate it...'

Well, when everyone's got Google Glass, it won't be so bad.

From Hayley Tsukayama, at the Washington Post, "My awkward week with Google Glass."
I've heard just about every privacy concern raised about Glass, but, as the one wearing the device, I wasn't expecting that the privacy most invaded would be my own. That type of anxiety should lessen over time, particularly as Google works with designer labels such as Luxottica's Oakley and Ray-Ban to make prettier models. But anyone who opts to buy Glass should be ready and willing to become a constant topic of conversation and to answer questions from strangers. Wearing Google Glass in public is like wearing a sandwich-board that says "Talk to me!" And, given the rare but highly publicized fights, robberies and other major incidents some Glass users have experienced, I was a little wary about wearing the device in public.

0 comments: