Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh, Let the Sun Beat Down Upon My Face, Stars Fill My Dreams...

I've been meaning to post on Led Zeppelin since early February, when AOSHQ wrote about Jimmy Page, where he confesses, speaking of the documentary "It Might Get Loud", "This movie really made me want to listen to Zeppelin again...."

I actually used to listen to Led Zeppelin a lot, because I was in high school during the late-1970s, when the band was perhaps at their peak, and their music was inextricably bound with the culture of the day. Still, I hadn't yet become the music bibliophile that I was to became, and Zeppelin's discography remains to this day somewhat amorphous to my rock-and-roll sensibilities. In any case, last week while driving to work, 100.3 The Sound played the entire Side 2 of Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti. So, please enjoy the last song there, "Kashmir":

As always, check out Theo Spark's, "Bedtime Totty ..." Plus, from Anton at PA Pundits International, "Sunday Music – Nessun Dorma."

BONUS DIVERSION: Sir Smitty, "Democracy as an Obstruction to Swift Action is a Valid Point."

RELATED: It turns out that "Kashmir" is on John King's playlist.

0 comments: