Friday, December 18, 2009

You've Got the Music in You...

Well, I'd prefer to leave something a little lighter up top overnight. So, please enjoy the New Radicals, "You Get What You Give":

I like the studio version, and the wrap-up lyrics near the end:

Health insurance rip off lying
FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your ass in!
Yeah, corporate hacks piss me off sometimes too, although the alternative is waaayyy worse!

1 comments:

TonyfromOz said...

Donald.
I've just loved this song ever since it was released in '98.
I have been trying to post it at our site as part of the Sunday Music series. There are many versions available, and I was aware of this one, but I wanted the original clip which said it so much better than just having the band there playing it. Each time that clip was posted at You Tube it got taken down, so people just resorted to using the album cover as the image overlaying the song. One version of that original was grainy and just would not embed, no matter what, so I just didn't post it. However, there is a new version of that original clip at the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QBxwRhAmA

Thanks for posting this wonderful song, and congratulations on the million.

TonyfromOz (Anton)