Friday, January 9, 2009

Shabbat Shalom and Come Home Safely

Here's the latest post from Israeli Soldier's Mom (Paula in Israel):

I asked Elie to please try to call me before the Sabbath. He said he would try. Shabbat begins in just over 30 minutes and he still hasn't called. I know I should try to call him but I had an idea. I took my phone and gave it to each person in the house and asked them to send Elie a message. I don't know when he'll open his phone next, but when he does, he will be flooded with 7 messages wishing him, in English or Hebrew, in short sentences or long, a peaceful Sabbath.

"from your cute brother, Davidi," my youngest son wrote.

"Shabbat Shalom from Shmulik," my middle son wrote.

"Shabbat shalom and come home safely," my son-in-law wrote.

My older daughter is busy typing him a message now; next my younger daughter will send one as well. My husband is sending it from his phone and then I'll send one.

Shabbat shalom, by beautiful soldier. I am so proud of you. You are doing what is right and honorable and people all over the world are praying for you. There are those who send words filled with hatred and anger. They are nothing against us because we know a simple truth. If Hamas didn't fire rockets into Israel, we would not now be attacking Gaza.
Paula has been getting nasty anonymous comments, really nasty, as can be expected by those who stand up for right and good. She has a post on this, "Comments on Comments." If you get the chance, stop by and leave a nice thank you for Paula, and please remind her that she is in your prayers.

2 comments:

mr.espionage said...

paula

i too offer a prayer for your soldier, i am not jewish but i have jewish grandchildren. also i have two of my younger son's in iraq with the army. hamas is nothing but a bunch of cowards for sending rockets in on the jewish towns. i am retired military and disabled from my military service for this country usa.. i am offended by these idiots who sympathize with the hamas and other terroristic organizations.

shabbat shalom and may your soldier come home safely...

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Espionage.