Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sela Ward Weekend!

Bob Belvedere, in his Saturday Rule 5 entry, noted that "One of my favorites is the under-appreciated Sela Ward." (The inspiration is Daley Gator's "All Time #18 Sela Ward.")

I have to concur, big time. One of the most frustrating part of 1993's "
The Fugitive" with Harrison Ford is that Sela Ward plays Mrs. Kimble, and thus we don't have her beauty gracing the entire film:

I enjoyed Sela Ward on "Sisters" in the mid-1990s. I know, I know ... it's a ladies TV drama. But my oldest son was just born and I watched a lot of television, and "Sisters" came on on Saturday nights when not much else was playing. Ward's role in "Once and Again" was more enjoyable, and this clip catches the show's premiere with Billy Campbell, and it's just a perfect kind of romance:

In any case, she's one of the classiest ladies in film and television, and my personal policy is NOT to meet celebrities (because they disappoint you), but I'd break that rule to meet her:
Sela
Photobucket
Sela