Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's So Good About Twitter?

I'm actually a little bored with Facebook. I like it and all (especially meeting new people), but the program doesn't seem to work that well half the time. I'm by no means attached to it (unlike the blog), although I got a kick out of the New York Times' piece yesterday, "To Deal With Obsession, Some Defriend Facebook." In fact, I've been thinking about devoting more time to Twitter. Perhaps I can build up a larger following over there? Maybe that'll be more fun? I've been skeptical. David Harsanyi made a pretty good case against Twitter in his recent essay, "C'mon, Admit It. Twitter is Useless." But everything's going more and more hyper-tech these days, and Twitter is also a wireless phone app in addition to microblogging. Some folks online just love it. Anyway, I'm lagging at Twitter, much less facebook. But Ace of Spades HQ had this link up, on making better use of Twitter, so I thought I'd pass it along to readers. If you're tweeting, don't forget to tweet my blog posts. That's my next promotional effort. More Twitter exposure. I'll get hip with this stuff one of these days!





2 comments:

SR said...

If you use Twitter, get on http://bit.ly

It will twit and everything for you.

I use it every day and get a LOT of feed back.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks man!